Get your family and friends involved!
Make your job search a team effort by telling your family and friends that you are searching for a job.
It is important to have a strong support system. They can be there to cheer you on in victory, or pick you up if you’re feeling down. Furthermore, your support team can keep an eye out for any job opportunities they come across.
Keep in mind, every person you know is a potential contact. Following are some ideas of who you can involve in your job search:
- Family members
- People in your address books (hard copy, e-mail, and social media)
- Your Christmas card list (or comparable)
- Co-workers from past jobs
- People you know at the gym, physical trainer, or sports teams
- People who come to do work at your home
- Clerks you know at stores
- Barber, hairdresser, manicurist, etc.
- Waiters, waitresses, restaurant managers
- Your doctors and their staff
- Religious associations
- Rotary, Kiwanis, Lions, or any other group you belong to
I’m sure you’ve got the picture!
Please let me know if I can be of assistance to you in creating or updating your job-winning resume. ~ Michelle Cook Kaufmann, Resume Writer
Some people dream of success… while others wake up and work hard at it. ~Author Unknown